Benefits of using an iFOB:
- No Dietary or Medication Restrictions
- Greatly enhances patient compliance
- Offers the correct level of specificity & sensitivity for accurate reading
- Specific to human hemoglobin, reducing false positives
- Provides rapid diagnosis; simple, clear, easy to read test results in 5 min
- Test Cassette Stays in your office or Laboratory (no loss of reimbursement potential)
- Patient friendly test that is simple to use and easy to understand
- Patient Instructions are available in multiple languages
- Offers superior analytical performance
- Patient Pamphlet
Hemosure, Inc. will provide, at no charge samples for your office or an evaluation kit for your POL recommended immunoassay technology. Simply Click here to request your Samples or Evaluation Kit Today. If you would prefer to speak with a Hemosure Sales Representative please feel free to call to Hemosure Corporate Office call 1-888-Hemosure (436-6787).
Colorectal Cancer, when discovered at its earliest stages, is the most preventable and curable of all cancers. Routine CRC Screening is extremely important, which is why Hemosure is dedicated and focused on educating physicians and patients on this subject.
In February 2009 the American College of Gastroenterology, with a dramatic change of direction, released its first update in CRC Guidelines in almost a decade. The new ACG Guidelines state:
"The American College of Gastroenterology supports the joint guideline recommendation that older guaiac-based fecal occult blood tests be abandoned as a method for CRC screening.....the ACG recommends the FIT as the preferred cancer detection test."
(Reprinted by permission from Macmillan Publishers Ltd: The American Journal of Gastroenterology (2320970223955) copyright (2009)
To view complete ACG article please visit here.
Immunochemical FOB technology is rapidly becoming the method of choice for colorectal cancer screening.
In comparison with guaiac-based testing, Hemosure FIT has a higher specificity due to its unique combination of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies that are specific to human hemoglobin, unlike guaiac-based tests that also detect peroxidase activity and animal blood from food. Therefore, traditional abstinence of food and drug by patients is no longer necessary.
Doctors will find that patient compliance is greatly enhanced. By reducing the number of false positive results over the conventional method, Hemosure TM becomes a more valuable and cost-effective aid in the diagnosis of gastrointestinal bleeding disorders and colorectal cancer screening.